Media Relations Executive
“A Virtual Organization is an organization which strictly uses all of the following: a virtual workspace, a virtual workforce, and virtual organization management best practices, policies and procedures for operating in a 100% virtual environment.”
by Prof. Pierre Coupet of Virtual Organization Management Institute
Virtual Organization Management Institute is the world’s leading and only global 100% virtual educational institute, think tank, professional association, certification and accreditation provider, and conference producer strictly focused on the modern virtual organization management discipline founded and pioneered by the founder of VOMI since 1997.
As a Media Relations Executive, you will assist in building a corporate communications function to support VOMI’s re-launch, growth and expansion; provide counsel to executive management and develop and implement social media strategies for Public Relations, Media Relations, Government Relations and the VOMI Virtual Organization Legislative Advocacy Network, Blogosphere Relations, VOMI Publishing activities, and employee and stakeholder communications in the following capacities: 70% media relations, 10% public relations, 10% government relations, 10% blogosphere relations.
Since we are a 100% virtual organization, you will work from wherever in the world you are located or wish to be in and will operate in a completely 100% virtual organization environment.
This position reports, on an interim basis, directly to the CEO and will eventually report to the Chief Social Media Officer.
- Build from the ground up a corporate communications function using strictly social media tools and strategies
- Develop and manage our global communication campaigns in partnership with other communication team members
- Be the point person for VOMI interactions with both traditional and new media and successful articulate our message to all constituencies, including C-level contacts at leading businesses, venture capital firms, and various academic, governmental, and nonprofit institutions worldwide.
- Form alliances with leading corporate training providers and international consulting firms.
- Participate as speaker at local events and global web-media-conferences.
- Conduct global web-based presentations and close deals.
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly performance goals.
- Minimum six-figure prior compensation of $150,000 – $200,000 is preferred.
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity beyond reproach is required.
- Extensive global network of C-level and principal contacts in both social and traditional media and the social network community.
- Extensive experience in forming C-level alliances and developing strong network of affiliates.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of solid communications experience, including 2+ years of social media experience.
- Extensive knowledge of social media tools and solutions is a must.
- Thorough understanding of the education and event markets.
- Speaking experience in both virtual and brick and mortar settings.
- Willingness to learn how to operate independently and manage in a strictly 100% virtual organization environment
- Highly disciplined, focused, and extraordinary ability to adapt and thrive in a virtual organization environment
- Powerful and professional web-based presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in your native language
- Superior deal closing and customer service skills
- Must be totally self-sufficient in a 100% virtual environment
- Must be able to present in both small and large group settings in a virtual environment as well as in the Boardroom.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
A Virtual Organization Executive designation from VOMI Virtual Organization Academy, to be obtained at our expense, is an absolute must if judged a serious top tier candidate. A waiver of that requirement will not be granted under any circumstances. A B.S./MBA/Ph.D. or equivalent experience.
Worldwide immediately. Candidates from Africa and the Middle East, regardless of gender, are also encouraged to apply.
ABOUT VOMI: Virtual Organization Management Institute (VOMI) is the world’s leading and only global 100% virtual educational institute, think tank, professional association, certification and accreditation provider, and conference producer strictly focused on the modern virtual organization management discipline founded and pioneered by the founder of VOMI since 1997. VOMI is also a sponsor of the From Public School to Virtual Campus Dormitory global project.[ ] :: Join VOMI on LinkedIn
ABOUT VOMI VIRTUAL ORGANIZATION ACADEMY: VOMI Virtual Organization Academy, a unit of Virtual Organization Management Institute (VOMI), is the world’s leading and only virtual organization sabbatical destination for corporate executives, public policy executives, government officials and employees, academic researchers and faculty members on sabbatical leave who wish to quickly immerse themselves and gain first-hand experience of life in a 100% virtual organization environment for a limited period of time :: Join VOMI Virtual Organization Academy on LinkedIn.
ABOUT VIRTUAL ORGANIZATION RECRUITER: Virtual Organization Recruiter (VOR) is the world’s leading and only virtual organization aptitude assessment and recruitment firm that is strictly focused on the assessment and certification of senior executives and mid-level professionals, military-intelligence-defense personnel, public policy executives, government officials, academics and faculty members who are able to adapt and thrive – and Lead – in a 100% virtual or virtual organization environment:: :: Join VOR Community on Google+
Remote location jobs | work from home | flexible workforce jobs |virtual jobs |virtual executive jobs | 6-figure jobs | 7-figure jobs